Grease Storage Tank Incentive Program
Grease Storage Tank Incentive Program
You May Be Eligible For Up to $2000 Towards a Grease Storage System
LIMITED TIME OFFER – 100% OF INTERIOR SYSTEM PAID FOR*
Join the Downtown CID’s efforts to improve the cleanliness and experience for Downtown Columbia. By taking advantage of our on-site grease storage tank incentive program you can help clean our public alleys, reduce risk to the storm water system and create a safer work environment for your employees.
The grease storage tank incentive program provides an alternative to shared exterior grease storage bins located in public alleys. The Downtown CID is introducing a short-term grant program to offset costs associated with installing an on-site grease storage system. Grease tanks typically cost $0 – $1,500, depending upon the selected vendor servicing agreement. Installation costs vary, depending upon the location and system selection.
Using an on-site grease storage tank will help your business reduce employee risk, lowering the potential for burns associated with handling hot used cooking oil and reducing slip and falls due to oil spills. The removal of shared exterior grease storage tanks will improve the appearance of the alleys and better protect the storm water system leading to our creek system.
- The grease storage tank incentive program is offered to all restaurants within the Downtown Community Improvement District.
- A business’s grease storage tank system may not be located in the public right of way.
- The incentive payment schedule is as follows:
- 50% match (up to $1,000 in matching funds) towards an external grease tank system and installation. Exterior tanks must be screened.
- 75% match (up to $2,000 in matching funds) towards an internal grease tank system and installation.
- *100% of funding provided towards an internal grease tank system and installation for the first $10,000 of grant requests.
- Only payments made to outside vendors for equipment, supplies and labor will be counted as eligible costs.
- The business is responsible for securing landlord approval, in writing, specifying the location of the grease storage tank.
The incentive program parameters outlined in this handout are effective April 12, 2017. Funds for the grease storage tank incentive program are limited and offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. This initial program will expire September 15, 2017.
Program Participation Steps:
- A Downtown CID restaurant needs to assess the current method of disposing of used cooking oil. We are happy to answer questions and provide resources and suggestions for your business.
- The Downtown CID will offer incentives to encourage the use of interior or exterior grease tank systems.
- Restaurants may evaluate private companies offering grease tank systems and services, such as FiltaFry, Mahoney and Restaurant Technologies Incorporated (RTI).
- Kostelac Grease Service Inc.
- RTI – Restaurant Technologies
- Pro Pumping & Hydrojetting
- Once the business owner has identified a solution, a Downtown CID representative will meet with you to check on the details for the service. A staff member will notify the business if the project is approved for an incentive.
- A business must receive preauthorization for a grease tank incentive payment before proceeding with the installation of the system to be eligible for the incentive.
- Once the grease storage tank system is installed, a business must submit copies of the paid invoices and receipts related to the project expenses.
- After the Downtown CID has inspected the business’s new grease storage tank system and verified the invoice, the incentive payment will be processed.
- The incentive payment will be mailed to the name and address as filled out in the application.
Downtown Community Improvement District
11 South Tenth Street
Updated August 31, 2017